Monday, May 16, 2011

A little confrontation.

So. I have this neighbor. I had never met her before. The only thing I knew was that she always took my parking spot and she would blast her TV at midnight when I was trying to sleep. A few weeks ago Drew left a note on one of her friends' cars because it was parked in our spot. She continued to allow her friends to park in our spot so finally I had had it. We pulled in from a great day at church when her friend was parked in our spot. I was tired, cranky, and my back was throbbing. The last thing I wanted to do was walk 20 extra steps haha. So I went and rang her doorbell. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi, sorry i've never come over to meet you or anything, I know we've lived by each other for a few months, my name is Kayla.

Her: Hi i'm...... (I can't remember her name)

Me: I'm having an issue with the parking situation. Your friends keep parking in our spots and I don't understand why you can't just stay in your own spots.

Her: Well why don't you just park your car across the street.

THIS IS WHERE I START FUMING.

Me: Oh i'm sorry... can you not tell that i'm 5 months pregnant and can't be carrying groceries across the street. You can walk your butt across the street.

Her: Well people take our parking spots too and we do have to park across the street.

Me: Look i'm not trying to be rude or anything

She interrupts me... Well that's what you're being.

Me: Well would you go park in your neighbors driveway.

Her: No

Me: Well there ya go, it's rude. I wouldn't park in your spot if it was the only one open, I would park across the street because I have respect for people.

Her: This conversation is over. Door slams in my face.

I was so flaming mad I called the towing company but they couldn't do anything about it right then. If any of you have been pregnant you know what its like when the hormones kick in and you just can't stop going. That's what happened. Anyways this morning I left cookies on her front porch with an apology note. My dad always taught me that even if you're not in the wrong you still be the one to make things right. So that's what I did.

1 comments:

Devanie said...

You're too nice! I would keep the towing company on speed dial for little miss attitude!!!! But I'm sure you're Dad's proud :)

Post a Comment