Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday


Easter is my favorite holiday. I love getting all of the Easter candy that I want. I love eating ham and grandma's potatoes. Most importantly, it is a time where we can truly reflect on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. President Thomas S. Monson put it perfectly:

“In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.’”

“As one of His special witnesses on earth today, this glorious Easter Sunday, I declare that this is true, in His sacred name—even the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior—amen.”

We have the opportunity to be comforted by the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He suffered pain and sorrow so that we could be forgiven and receive Eternal Life. Jesus will be there to comfort us when we feel like there is nobody else who will. He is our Master, our Omega, our Savior, our Lord and our Redeemer. May we celebrate this Easter with a grateful heart. I know that Jesus Christ lives.

If you would like to learn more about our beliefs go to www.mormon.org.

http://lds.org/pages/his-sacred-name-an-easter-declaration?lang=eng&query=Easter

0 comments:

Post a Comment