I have a terrible case of the "YES, ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE!" Maybe it's because I always saw my mom serving someone while I was growing up, it's hard to say. Right now I have taken on more than I thought I could ever handle. I work part time, am in school full time, and of course, I'm a mom. I also have my responsibilities to take care of the house and meals. I am not Super Woman, although sometimes I like to think that I am.
Every once in a while, I go through a day of self-reflecting. Yesterday was that day for me. I heard of a friend from our Rexburg ward whose little baby passed away in her sleep two nights ago. I couldn't bear the thought of losing a child. I was sick, physically sick. How will they go on in life? I started thinking about my life thus far. Sometimes I forget that I'm only 20 years old; it feels like I'm 30. I want to do better in my life. I feel like I have let so many precious moments slip away from me. I'm too busy to even stop and think about all of the wonderful things in my life. There have been some very hard trials for Drew and I in the past year, but somehow we always seem to come out on top. My testimony of the gospel has deepened tremendously in the past months. There are so many people who come up to me and say, "You have the best life... the perfect family... etc,etc." Let me tell you, we have trials. Very hard trials. I would never ask for anything else. Although we go through hard things, I actually feel like my life could not get any better.
I guess what I'm saying is life is what you make of it. We have grieved together these past few months, and we're still standing. It is important to focus on the positives in life. I know, it's easier said than done. Do it. I can't say I've ever been a shining example of a positive attitude, but I'm trying. I am working on getting rid of the case of "YES, ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE!" Don't get me wrong, serving others is necessary, but slow down. There are so many little things in life that if you blink, you'll miss it.
Pirates Baseball
9 years ago

3 comments:
Amen! It's hard to not want to do everything all the time, but sometimes the best days are just sitting in our Jammie's watching cartoons together all day!
And I think you are an amazingly shiney example of a positive attitude! Every time I see you, you are smiling, inviting people out and making them feel special and needed. Your smile is incredibly contagious and I love that you are out here this summer!
Ummm the post on the baby dying. I too am physically ill. That is heart breaking. I know what you mean with the rest of the post though. That's how I have been thinking recently. I call the trial some times grateful times because I know one day I will be grateful that I overcame it.
Thanks Naomi, you are a wonderful friend!
Post a Comment