After the epidural.....obvi.
I'm in love... times 2.
I have a funny story. You know how people always have a fear that their water will break in the store, or at a restaurant, or in a random place? So last Sunday I still didn't have the baby. I was having what I thought were contractions on Saturday night but the hospital wouldn't admit me. So I woke up Sunday and decided I would go to church since I had nothing else to do and didn't want to sit around. I put on my cute maternity dress from Forever 21 and off we went. About 45 minutes into church I felt an intense urge to pee. I figured I had just been holding it for too long so I got up from Sacrament meeting to go to the bathroom. Drew ran out to the car to get me some chapstick...haha. The second I walked into the bathroom door I thought I started peeing my pants. All of the sudden I felt a HUGE gush of water. I literally flooded the women's bathroom it was that much. So I calmly opened the bathroom door and asked a sweet little newlywed girl to go find my husband because my water just broke. Her face flushed white and she ran down the hallway. I started cleaning up the bathroom when I opened the door to see Drew sprinting towards me. I told him to wait for a second so I could clean up the mess but it just kept flooding. All of the sweet girls told me to get the heck to the hospital. We came home because I wanted and needed to change out of my church clothes. Drew tore through the house while changing and getting our hospital bag into the car. I have never seen him so frantic/excited in my life. I was actually the calm one for once! While we were driving he was freaking out; speeding, almost hitting people, drifting through stop signs. It was an adventure. He finally dropped me off by the door of the MBU and instead of parking right in front he parked on the other side of the hospital. That's how distorted he was. I thought it was sweet. As soon as we got into the elevator I started having contractions. By the time we got to the hospital my mom was already boarding her plane to Salt Lake.
Okay so here is the deal. I was going to try to have this baby without getting an epidural. What in the heck was I thinking?! 3 hours into labor I came to my senses and got the epidural. Best decision ever. I don't know why people go natural. After about 8 hours of labor my mom, Tyson and Melissa got to the hospital. I wasn't feeling well at all. The nurse came in to take my temperature and I had a high fever. I hadn't dilated at all but was 95% effaced. On top of that my doctor was out of town! Another doctor came in and told me that the baby's heart rate was really high and I had an amniotic infection. They started throwing the term "C-Section" around. For some reason I always knew I would have a C-section so I had prepared myself mentally way before. We called my mom to come back to the hospital and she was there ten minutes later. After the doctor decided we needed to do an emergency C-section I was in the OR and the baby was out less than 20 minutes later. They actually had to use the vacuum to get her out because she was so stuck.
Many people have made comments like, "that sucks so bad you had to have a C-section" or "good luck recovering from a C-section because it's really hard". I have easily brushed these comments aside. I am so grateful for the technology we have. Grace cried as soon as she was born and has been perfectly healthy. Yes, I am in pain and yes, the recovery is rough. I just don't care. I have a beautiful healthy baby who would have never been born the other way anyways. I have never been so grateful in my life for a C-section. Not to mention the scar is only 6 inches long (and will shrink) and is far below my bikini line. No one will ever be able to tell I have a scar at all. So that is that.
Grace Lola Starbuck was born September 26, 2011 at 1:16 am. She was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She is the most perfect little baby I have ever laid eyes on. Drew and I are so in love with her and even more in love with each other. I can already tell that parenthood won't be a breeze but it is very rewarding.
Okay so here is the deal. I was going to try to have this baby without getting an epidural. What in the heck was I thinking?! 3 hours into labor I came to my senses and got the epidural. Best decision ever. I don't know why people go natural. After about 8 hours of labor my mom, Tyson and Melissa got to the hospital. I wasn't feeling well at all. The nurse came in to take my temperature and I had a high fever. I hadn't dilated at all but was 95% effaced. On top of that my doctor was out of town! Another doctor came in and told me that the baby's heart rate was really high and I had an amniotic infection. They started throwing the term "C-Section" around. For some reason I always knew I would have a C-section so I had prepared myself mentally way before. We called my mom to come back to the hospital and she was there ten minutes later. After the doctor decided we needed to do an emergency C-section I was in the OR and the baby was out less than 20 minutes later. They actually had to use the vacuum to get her out because she was so stuck.
Many people have made comments like, "that sucks so bad you had to have a C-section" or "good luck recovering from a C-section because it's really hard". I have easily brushed these comments aside. I am so grateful for the technology we have. Grace cried as soon as she was born and has been perfectly healthy. Yes, I am in pain and yes, the recovery is rough. I just don't care. I have a beautiful healthy baby who would have never been born the other way anyways. I have never been so grateful in my life for a C-section. Not to mention the scar is only 6 inches long (and will shrink) and is far below my bikini line. No one will ever be able to tell I have a scar at all. So that is that.
Grace Lola Starbuck was born September 26, 2011 at 1:16 am. She was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She is the most perfect little baby I have ever laid eyes on. Drew and I are so in love with her and even more in love with each other. I can already tell that parenthood won't be a breeze but it is very rewarding.
3 comments:
Very well said! I love you l'il mama!
I'm so glad that you're doing well. I had a C-section and it honestly wasn't that bad. My only concern is that my ab muscles are significantly weaker than they used to be, but you're a tough gal and will work out better than I do. ;) Congratulations and take it easy, you've earned it. :D
I have been waiting for the whole story! I love it! And, my mom had 6 C-sections. You can't even see a scar unless she is naked. She says she would rather them anyways! you get to choose the baby's bday if its a planned one, and if its not then you get your baby way faster! haha I will probably have to do C-section too. Anyways you sound amazing and I am happy as can be for you!
Post a Comment