Grace is the apple of my eye. I don't think a person can know what "true love" is until they have a child. It's not like the love I have for Drew, although I have the same amount of love for the two of them. It's just so different and hard to explain. From the second Grace was born she has been a momma's girl. She was screaming her head off until the second the brought her over to me and I said, "hey baby girl". She instantly calmed down. I always thought she would be a daddy's girl from the start. She does love her daddy but her and I have a different connection. I love that she wants and needs me. There are many times when I am the only one who can calm her down. Sometimes at night she just lays there and studies my face. She always wants to press her little nose against my cheek, or arm, or wherever. I hope that I can always have a wonderful relationship with my girl. I already love being her mom. I won't sugar coat it and say that it's the easiest job in the world. In fact, it's probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Sometimes when I have been puked on, changed 20 diapers in a day, and stayed up all night trying to feed and soothe my baby, it gets frustrating. It is amazing what the human body can do on so little sleep, or it's just a blessing... either way it is amazing that Drew and I have been able to function these last few weeks and not gone completely insane. The one thing I know is that it is so rewarding when I get to snuggle up with my little family. I don't know why I am so blessed, but I am.
Pirates Baseball
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment