Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'm a (sprint) Triathlete.



Here's the proof. I actually did this sprint triathlon and I'm still alive. Also, I gained 5 lbs the day I did it.... water weight? I'd say so. Or at least I'm going to keep on dreaming. A sprint triathlon consists of a 500 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. Let me just tell you that I only swam once and biked twice. I don't even think I ran at all. Bad idea. Well, I did finish in 1:46, but still, I suffered from some serious dehydration for the rest of the day. I actually had one of the best experiences of my life during this triathlon. It was 2 hours dedicated to just ME. I didn't have anyone calling my name or crying in the background. I didn't have a diaper to change, or a bottle to make, or school work haunting me. I was able to run and bike the roads of this gorgeous state called Oregon. I had time to clear my head and think about my life. It was pure bliss. So I guess you could say that Oregon is growing on me, but I'll save that for another post.

1 comments:

Paxton said...

I think it is the coolest thing ever that you did a triathlon! Someday maybe we'll do one together ;-) or maybe just a 5k ;-)

Post a Comment