 |
| Happy First Day of Law School, Drew. I started my day at 5 by making Drew breakfast and dropping him off at school. |
 |
| Sweet little Grace hadn't eaten since 7 the night before surgery. They don't allow them to eat for medical reasons. I can't believe she was in such a good mood. She never has been a good eater... |
 |
| Her turn to walk back! |
 |
| I was so grateful that Grandma Jones could be with us. All of my in-laws were out of town and my mom couldn't fly up for it. Thanks, Grandma. |
 |
| Grace was thrilled to be watching TV. She rarely (if ever) is allowed to watch TV. |
 |
| And the nurses adored her. They gave her all of the best toys to play with. The anesthesiologist came right up to me and said, "Your daughter has such an old soul." I've said that since she was born! So fun. |
 |
| Waking up from surgery. |
 |
| The had to give her two IV's. I was not happy about that, but they did what was best for her and did a great job. |
 |
| So grateful she came out healthy and strong, with no complications. |
 |
| Finally get to hold my baby girl. |
 |
| The meds finally kicked in! |
 |
| Going home. Not feeling well at all. She had a fever most of the night. |
 |
| The morning after. Feeling a bit better and was smiling and happy. |
|
|
Traumatic. That's the only word I can think of to describe my experience with Grace's surgery. In the beginning they said the procedure would take about 15-20 minutes, so when an hour and a half passed by and I was still sitting in the waiting room, I started to panic. I was relieved and grateful to see the doctor come out and tell me all was well, it just took a bit longer than expected. I will never forget having to hand my baby over to complete strangers in that long, white hallway. I couldn't stop myself from having a mini-meltdown, but I felt at peace quickly after. I know we were so blessed from all of the prayers given on our behalf. We love our sweet Grace and just want what's best for her. The next few days will be hard on her, but she's a strong baby and she will bounce back quickly. In a few weeks I will post before and after pictures. Her wound will be covered for 3 weeks until her follow up appointment.
1 comments:
So glad they tried to spoil Baby Grace! She really is an old soul and we just adore her!
Post a Comment